The future 10th Duke of
Hamilton seems to have set up his ambassadorial throne in the
Long Gallery of Hamilton Palace between 1812 and 1816. These are
the years between the resumption of diplomatic relations between
Britain and Russia and the shipment of nine crates of Alexander's
effects and acquisitions from St Petersburg to Hamilton, and a German
visitor seeing a 'throne' in the Long Gallery of the palace.
The throne would almost certainly have been taken
down and moved during the improvements to the gallery between about
1829 and 1831.